I’m certainly someone that loves to travel. Before the Corona lockdown I was booked to walk The Camino, which is a famous 5-week Pilgrims walk across the top of Spain. I was soooo looking forward to the 5 weeks with one of my besties and I had been training for a couple of months. I was also planning to do sandal photoshoots for www.ankalia.com in San Sebastian, Biarritz, Paris and Doha after the walk.
Image: Cheryl Botha of Ankalia sandals dreaming of travelling after the Coronavirus shutdown
Anyhow, that’s all on hold now! I know it’s a bit of a drag to think that we might all have to #stayhome for 6 months or more, however, there are certainly some positives when it comes to postponing your holiday.
Image: Cheryl Botha of Ankalia Sandals dreaming of San Sebastian in Spain.
1. You can plan and research more and be more prepared the second time around. In my case, I’ve now got more time to train for the 25kms we’ll be walking every day on The Camino.
2. You’ll have more time to save even more money for the trip because as we all know; we always spend more than expected.
3. Perhaps the hotels you really wanted to stay in will now be available for your new dates?
4. If you’re still working, you’ll have more time to accrue annual leave. And in my case, I’ve got way more time to work on new sandal designs for Ankalia.
5. You’ll be soooo itching to travel after 6 months at home that you’ll appreciate travel so much more and never take it for granted again.
6. Six months at home may give you more of an appreciation for the simple things in life, so again you may appreciate your travels so much more.
Image: Cheryl Botha of Ankalia Sandals, Perth, Western Australia
Stay happy! I’m certainly liking this time at home. It’s a much slower pace of life. I’m enjoying my home and enjoying the slowing down, rather than always racing out the door and looking for external activities and entertainment. It’s also giving me a lovely amount of time to actually have lengthy talks on the phone with my friends and loved ones and to look through old forgotten travel photos and reminisce.
Image: Cheryl Botha wearing her handcrafted Leopard print sandals, whilst dreaming of travelling again after Coronavirus
Staying at home, slowing down and not travelling is wonderful in so many ways!
Stay home, stay safe and stay happy! Happy travels when you do get to go!
Lots of love,